Worldly pleasures I hope to experience during my lifetime on earth

Proverbs 30:7–9

O God, I beg two favors from you;
let me have them before I die.
First, help me never to tell a lie.
Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?”
And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name. 

The other day we met with friends on the beach!A friend(Thikshan ) asked around the table
what we would like to do before we pass away,or  become shadows, or like  the fleeting wind or the sparrow that falls!

Funnily I had thought about the same question just this past week...and wanted to put it down.
After reading this Proverb today, I was reminded of this  again and so thought i better attempt to put it down and maybe strive to achieve one by one , slowly but surely.

  • I want to see and climb the alps atleast to a point to be able to ski down it, find a skating rink and truly skate!
  • I want to see Japan - the cherry blossoms, Amsterdam- Tulips, Uk- the Rose garden and the many colors of autumn we see only in calendars.
  • Watch a live performance of a Russian Ballet.
  • Learn to play the piano again
  • Learn to dance the jive and ballroom perhaps.
  • Learn to paint.
  • Write my thoughts as I get inspiration to do so.
  • Enrich someone 's life other than someone who can return the favor. (i 'm already into a rescue operation, only its not a someone , it's a something! And it didn't need my help, the little baby Red vented bulbul actually fell out of the nest again -4/5th time. The little bird tried to defend him/herself and tried to peck me with it's tint beak...so vulnerable and yet so tenacious).
  • Bunjee jumping- now that i know i won't do...so i'll settle for hang gliding perhaps.
  • See the great barrier reef
  • Travel all over Sri Lanka and see those beautiful, if possible the unspoilt places! If possible to travel light!
  • To drive different high performance machines-a BMW Suv, a Porsche and a Ferrari(only in my dreams)!
  • To create a place where young people can hang -out, read, listen to recorded /live music and have safe /healthy food/drink . try the art of conversation .-"my friend's place"
  • Up, Close and Personal- Write personal stories of people I meet, specially the elderly.

I've traveled to Italy ,France,Monaco and Austria.M ay2016

Comments

Popular Posts