Hold me




Verse 1
Hold me please I need you now
Am just waiting to feel your heart -beat close to mine
It's been so long the feelings are all in my head
I can hear you say, baby I will come back, wait.
One day I'll hold you, dance with you and stand by you 
Never let you go again

Chorus
You asked me not to cry as you held me tight
you couldnt leave me again even if you tried
But it's two years since you've been gone again
and I cling to the hope that you'll be back someday
So many things kept us apart, 
this love was just useless right from the start

Verse 2 
Your promises keep ringing in my ears and I wake up feeling your breath in my face
and it brings me to tears, 
I cant keep up this charade 
I know starting over is a dream, 
Its too late, I give up,  ços I know our paths wont cross 
Giving up is the only way out.

Verse 3
That thought sets me free,  I can feel like I can live again
Giving you up isn't easy but it seems like the only way 
The smog has lifted , I can see through 
A ray of light shines through
 I squint
 Am released from the burden of hanging onto useless hopes and dreams.

Chorus- 2

Am transformed, my face is alight 
 I see new hopes and dreams flowing my way
 am just going to be me
Love myself like never before and linger in the freedom that I can love again
I'll hold me, its ok am free to love again, free, free to love again!
And I might just dance to tunes in my head!

angie e seneviratne. copyright reserved

********XXX*******

Comments

Popular Posts