Poems & Things that make me me -"If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.” (The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents -Terry Pratchett)




                                                                                    
 



The Eighteenth

Woke up

Needed inspiration

The fresh Sal blooms

Peeping from under lush leaves

Its fragrance flowing my way

Reminding me of something

That I'd left undone

 

Courage was scarce

Restlessness Swelled

Voices within me cried

Got to do something about it, right?

 

I wrote, I said hello

Thought there’s nothing to lose

I would never know

How potent those words

When in a jiffy drifted far away

Climbed over a thousand miles

Of sea, land and sky

It soared

To reach him,

One, so oblivious to what went on in this heart of mine.

Then thundered in a reply

Sorry, it’s not business as usual

                            Clearly not the right time!                                            

 

My head reels now,

I must use my mind

Find a way to change that line

Calmly sent that reply of mine,

Research,

Keep it for another time.

 

Finding another way to connect

Came the opportunity

When I said

Do you know a Mr.Somebody’

He replied instantly,

Followed by a 1000 conversations

about friends and family.

................xxxxx..........

20th September 2020

angie.e.seneviratne

 

One by one 

Amazing God

A wonder you are

Holding me close

Pouring your love

       I asked you for so much, it didn't seem

Like you’d heard

Until one day it cascaded

 

One by one

I began to see

The amazing work

You started in me

         Brought me to that vulnerable spot

Tested me to see if I've got

That spark of love,

The fire in me

That got me thus far, from age sixteen!

******

There were some dark spots

That I could see

So every day through prayer

You set me free

Cleansed, washed me,

With your blood

And hugged me with your

Fatherly love

In the depths of my heart

Had I hidden away

Things that hadn’t seen the light of day

For too many seasons

The yearnings, the reasons

Waiting to fall into place

 

*******

Just in time you came

Those stories  you unearthed 

Wove threads of your dazzling glory

Displayed your splendour,

Pouring into my life, grace, light and grandeur!

15th Sep 2020

************************

Comments:

Very heartfelt. The voice of an experience - that.

 Poetry, they say, comes at the times when our emotions are high and minds are focused!

Rev Dr Maithrie White, Belfast, UK

Chair - Transforming the Mind

http://www.transformingthemind.org/

Phone: +44 28 9066 6048; Mob +44 792 1567094

"If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.”

(The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents -Terry Pratchett)

--------------------------------------------------

 

                        PRAYERS AND LAMENTS FROM 12Th OCT2020

 God of Refuge

I leave him and the saga in your hands

I know I’m helpless

I know I am foolish

Love changes everything

Not the love I know of

But the love you love me with

Not as I love you

Which is incomplete

And sometimes not true

I romanticize it

But you love unchangingly

It doesn’t depend on your feelings

It’s not interchangeable or demanding

Like how I would thee

I am imperfect and you still love me

I can expect that only from you

Not from any human I know

No not even from mother, a brother or a sister

Not even a friend

I know you expect me to have a relationship with you

Jesus you loved me enough

To lay your life down for me

This is what you did in Calvary

2000 years ago maybe

But stands valid still

Your blood cleanses

Gives me release

From sin, fear, distraction 

You loved me with your agape love

Now joy fills my heart

p.s.

Something ignited in me, it’s the love I felt

The gift of romantic connection

With him and me.

An ethereal feeling engulfed me

I felt you showered your love on me

 

 

14th October 2020

Free to love again

Who am I lord that you should

Care for me, so deeply

Vulnerable I stand before you crying

That my heart is broken

But not for you

Have I made him my idol?

Lord forgive me!


All I need is this deep longing

To be quenched, the one you made us with

The touch and the companionship

To be free to love a man and see him reciprocate

Through that love to fulfil

Your plans for my life

What  should do, to walk again within your will

 

26th October2020

The will of God for your life: the way I see it.

Since the fall happened, there’s nothing perfect on earth! Even God’s will for you would take different turns. It becomes subjective. It may depend on you exercising your own free will to accept His will and it’s also limited by your own understanding of it.

 God’s love for us is perfect so He will walk with us through the paths we take once we have exercised our will and told him we believe in Him and want to walk through this world by faith in Him.

 Thus our journey would take different turns, it might be like a walk down narrow and difficult paths. Climb steep mountains and walk slowly across rough terrains too. You may find yourself alone in a desert with no comfort, thirsty and hungry with no one to reach out to. Sometimes, it could even be a pit! Or maybe you’ve found yourself shipwrecked on the lonely seas, marooned in the open waters.

All these events may have been part of this journey you are in.

 What you do with each experience is what is important. How you react to it, the attitude you have as you face each situation. That’s what counts.

You desired to walk in the path that He directs you to walk on.

Therefore,

You decide to stand up each time you are struck down.

You don’t quit when all you felt like was to give up!

When things seem tough, you persevere to overcome them.

You do what it takes against all odds.

And in spite of pain and misunderstandings, you cling to hope. Continue in faith.

You allow kindness, empathy, understanding to colour your life

 Sometimes your will and His will clash. Then you decided to take a detour and end up in the stomach of a whale!

You also found yourself stuck behind bars not because you were not walking on the right path but because someone interfered. You understood that not all people have your life and plans in their view, for the good of you. They may make their own selfish plans to oppose, disrupt and take away the opportunities that should have been yours. You make a note of it and think this is the way of the world.

You suffer those consequences and you rise up wiser, stronger and more determined to walk, run, swim or fly! To do whatever it takes as these are temporary interruptions to life.

The journey goes on. There’s still more to go. You will make it with the same resilience and courage that saw you through darker times.

 You will chin up and carry on with your eyes focused on your source, the creator of the universe who showed you He loved you. He walked with you and sometimes carried you.

You bank on His love, compassion, grace and mercy. You don’t forget His goodness in spite of the hard journey.

Angie E. Seneviratne Based on Proverbs 3:5-6. And many examples of the many Biblical characters.                  

Comments

Popular Posts