As you turn 28, Mili my son!


What joy you bring!

Part -1
One day you were a baby in my arms 
And now you are my 6-foot tall (almost) son!

Quite a journey it was
tumultous and all
From "ammi what is this" to "Oh, Ammi, you know it all!"

From a child who scared me with his pranks and took me to my wits end!
Here you are teaching me independence
Be it an electronics glitch on my computer or phone
There you are saying"google it, check it, you are a queen no more!"

Part -II
I've told you what happens when vegetables you dont eat!
You could never beat popeye at his game, I say
Now it's "eat fat and protein and exercise everyday, dont be old fashioned ,
 "Ammi you are ancient I must say!
No carbs, Ammi please, downsize your meals, 
stay healthy, be wise if life you must lead!
----
Part III
Where did all this wisdom suddenly descend from
Maybe all the nagging in your teen years , I've done , my son!

Part IV
So now let me wish you Happy 28 son! 
I wish you will lead a life's that a wise and happy one
Be it your work, education, social or spiritual life, 
do it well , dont shirk , work smart & take success in it's stride.
Remember failure is a teacher and a stepping stone too ,
For a future without those pauses will loseit'smeaning too.
So may I wish you love, that never fails, passion too, 
Live life to the fullest, with a vision to be the better you in everything you do!
Love you my beloved son , my first-born , my inspiration and the only mad -one
Ammi
2nd March 2019
----------------------------


Comments

Popular Posts