God of Refuge



God of Refuge

I leave him and the saga in your hands

I know I’m helpless

I know I am foolish

Love changes everything

Not the love I know of

But the love you love me with

Not as I love you

Which is incomplete

And sometimes not true

I romanticize it


But your love is unchanging

It doesn’t depend on your feelings

It’s not interchangeable or demanding

Like how I would love thee

 

I am imperfect and you still love me

I can expect that only from you

Not from any other human I know

No not even from mother, a brother or a sister

Not even a friend

 

I know you expect me to have a relationship with you

Jesus you loved me enough

To lay your life down for me

This is what you did in Calvary

2000 years ago maybe

But that stands valid still

Your blood cleanses

Gives me release

From sin, fear, distraction easily

You loved me with your agape love

Now joy fills my heart

 

Something ignited within me, it’s the love I felt

The gift of romantic connection

With him and me.

An ethereal feeling engulfed me

I felt you showered your love on me 

                                                12th October 2020. Angie E. Seneviratne

Comments

Popular Posts