One by one

One by one


 

Amazing God

What a wonder you are

Holding me close

And pouring your love

                                    I asked you for so much, it didn't seemed

Like you heard

Until one day it cascaded

 

One by one

I began to see

The amazing work

You had started in me

                                       You brought me to that vulnerable spot

Tested me to see if I got

That spark of love,

The fire in me

That got me thus far, from age 16!

******

There were some dark spots

That I could see

So every day through prayer

You set me free

Cleansed, washed me,

With your blood

And hugged me with your

Fatherly love

In the depths of my heart

Had I hidden away

Things that hadn’t seen the light of day

For too many seasons

The yearnings, the reasons

Waiting to fall into place

 

*******

In time you came

One by one you unearthed those stories

Wove threads of your dazzling glory

Displayed your splendour,

Pouring into my life, grace, light and grandeur!

 

15th Sep 2020 

angie.e.seneviratne

copyright reserved

************************ 

Comments

Popular Posts