The 18th



Woke up

Needed inspiration

The fresh Sal blooms

Peeping from under lush leaves

Its fragrance flowing my way

Reminding me of something

That I'd left for another day

 

Courage was scarce

Restlessness Swelled

Voices within me cried

Got to do something about it, right?

 

I wrote, I said hello

Thought there’s nothing to lose

I would never know

How potent those words

When in a jiffy drifted far away

Climbed over a thousand miles

Of sea, land and sky

It soared

To reach him,

One, so oblivious to what went on in this heart of mine.

Then thundered in a reply

Sorry, it’s not business as usual

                                           Clearly not the right time!                                            

 

My head reels now,

I must use my mind

Find a way to change that line

Calmly I sent a reply,

Research,

Keep it for another time.

 

Finding another way to connect

Came the opportunity

When I said

Do you know a Mr. ‘somebody’

He replied instantly,

Countless conversations succeeded

 

................xxxxx..........

20th September 2020

angie.e.seneviratne

  

Comments

Popular Posts