VOICES

 

Voices


Lord, are you teaching patience, obedience

Is that why you’ve brought me to this place

Where I feel like I’m in a desert with

Haunting voices echoing

Few encouraging, others frustrating,

Even suffocating



Why are friendships so difficult?

Listen, you are too honest

Other’s say am a pain, self-centered too

that's their last refrain!


I keep hearing those voices again and again

  No room to breathe

Feel like I may drown

The thoughts hit me

much like a pendulm's rhythmic swing

Clear my head I tell myself!


It hurts so much, am feeling frail

 trying to escape that never ending pounding

in my head


How long will this go on

I shudder, remembering the pain

Groaning,

 I tell myself, it's mind over matter

Don't worry it will go away


I wait for release, to feel light hearted again

Away from the stares of the judgmental ones

 Who once called me friend!


Angie e.seneviratne 23/10/2020 12:44 PM


Comments

Popular Posts