Empty spaces ○□♡◇

 Empty spaces ○□♡◇

So many of them in my my life lately...
And you come to mind
Is it your sudden departure?
Will the pain and sadness leave,
With the passing of time?
Isn't the space, the absence of you?
And waking up at an odd hour thinking of you!
Sadness fills, yet memories of your smile drift into my mind
I feel a tug in my heart and see a glow,
Remembering the good times, laughing and plotting,
talking about old loves and new one's in the offing
A kind friend sent me
a picture of your flowers
Created with love , gratitude, honour and pride
Oozing with appreciation was I!
The beauty of it engulfed me
That space filled up with
All that you were!
The candles radiate,
The luminous light in you,
The Soft pink colors,
The gentle love, you loved us with.
The deep crimson,
the enthusiasm,
determination and courage you always portrayed.
The green and white leaning leaves,
the dancing you are doing in heaven,
enjoying the company of your Dad too!
My beautiful friend
you have left empty spaces in my heart...
that can never ever be filled.
REMEMBERING/ LAMENTING THE LOSS OF MY FRIEND NUALA THEVATHASAN WHO
PASSED INTO GODS BLISSFUL PRESENCE on 28th Dec 2023
BUT far too soon, in an untimely inexcusable manner.

Because of the grossly negligent behaviour of staff of the recovery room of the NATIONAL GENERAL HOSPITAL COLOMBO.
@GENERALHOSPITALCOLOMBO
@laragunawardena
This is an original poem for her, cos I couldn't sleep.
I guess that's the price you pay for deep friendships.
Love hurts.





Comments

Popular Posts